Sunday, April 8, 2018

Let the Countdown Begin!

So I am less than a week away from leaving and I am both excited and a little nervous. I know once I get there and get into the schools that I am going to have some amazing experiences, but the packing and getting there is stressing me out. I am excited to get there and meet my family though. They have been great with answering all my questions, giving me information, and making me already feel welcome. I am also so excited to get into the schools. I have heard great things about the structure of their schools as well as just the education itself. The fact that they teach other languages so early is amazing to me since we don't really do it here until high school. My host family speaks multiple languages which I am jealous of.

It will definitely take some adjusting to the new culture and just the different ways they do things. Even just little things like riding bikes to school or getting done at lunch with classes instead of going all day. A big one that I am nervous about is the food. I am possibly the world's pickiest eater so this will definitely push me out of my comfort zone. 

I am excited for all the opportunities I am going to have while I am over there to learn some new things and to try some new things. There are so many different things to see and try and I think a month is just enough time to do it. I know this trip is going to play a big part when it comes to jobs and interviews and I am so excited to share about my experiences when I get back. This trip will definitely impact me for the better and I can't wait to see how I've changed after my time abroad.


“The biggest rewards in life are found outside your comfort zone. Live with it. Fear and risk are prerequisites if you want to enjoy a life of success and adventure.” Jack Canfield

No comments:

Post a Comment