Friday, April 27, 2018

Weekend at the North Sea

My host family has been absolutely amazing about helping me see so many things in Germany. On my first Saturday here, we all drove a couple hours to the North Sea. It is not your typical beach day for sure! The water at the North Sea actually disappears during low tide. So you can walk out where the water used to be and it is all mud that you sink into. It was a disgusting yet amazing experience!


We spent the afternoon laying in the sun and enjoying the day. Then, when it was time for high tide again, we watched the water come back in. It was amazing how quickly it came back up the beach. It was amazing to watch and I was so glad to get to see it. 


It was a great experience to get to see something I never could have imagined. I got a little sunburned but it was totally worth it! I know that this trip abroad isn't a vacation and it's for education, but little trips like this where I get to see unique things about Germany are so amazing to have mixed in. 




No comments:

Post a Comment